what do I need to build wxWidgets?

maHo lukaszmach at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 07:46:21 CET 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:40:00 +0100, Michał Łukaszek <prism at hornet.eu.org> wrote:
> Dnia czwartek, 17 lutego 2005 16:48, maHo napisał:
>
> > What do I need to build wxWidgets?
> > currently, ./builder -bb wxWidgets.spec tells me:
>
> [prism at prism SPECS]$ grep Release wxWidgets.spec
> Release:        1.3
>
> $ rpm -qa wx\* | sort
> wxBase-2.5.3-1.3
> wxBase-devel-2.5.3-1.3
> wxBase-unicode-2.5.3-1.3
> wxBase-unicode-devel-2.5.3-1.3
> wxGTK2-2.5.3-1.3
> wxGTK2-devel-2.5.3-1.3
> wxGTK2-unicode-2.5.3-1.3
> wxGTK2-unicode-devel-2.5.3-1.3
> wxWidgets-2.5.3-1.3
> wxWidgets-afm-2.5.3-1.3
> wxWidgets-devel-2.5.3-1.3

 do you try to tell me that wxWidgets-devel-2.5.3-1.3 and friends are
required to build wxWidgets 2.5.3-1.3? I don't think so :):)

I've found a problem. autoconf needs AM_PATH_GTK macro, which is in
gtk1 devel packages. gtk1 isn't needed to build wxWidgets, because
we're using gtk2.

So I made simple trick: added macro fake_gtk_path.m4 with body
#v+
AC_DEFUN([AM_PATH_GTK],
true
)
#v-

but I don't know if it's proper way to solve such problem. Especially,
if it wouln'd conflict with gtk1 devel package installed

If nobody complains, I'll commit

regards

maHo