python3.2+ compiled files

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Sun Apr 3 03:29:53 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm at maven.pl> wrote:
> On Saturday 02 of April 2011, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
>> So we have to decide how to package python distribution (and possibly
>> all python3 modules, if distutils use __pycache__ too) - there are
>> two solutions:
>>
>> - package all modules in source form together with __pycache__
>>   subdirectories
> I would opt for this solution. We had many problems previously due to removing
> py files and py files are very usefull when debugging or working with python
> libraries.

+1, lots of software depends on being able to find .py files (plugin
discovery) and sources are often the only source of (up to date)
documentation. I currently keep a lot of source packages around in my
home dir because files coming from PLD packages are only readable to
python itself.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
I solve problems.