KDE - all form test

Krzysztof Mrozowicz krzysztof at mrozowicz.eu
Wed Sep 14 13:10:08 CEST 2022

Dnia 2022-09-14, o godz. 10:29:58
Andrzej Zawadzki <zawadaa at gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Works now.
>
> But... should KDE be strictly dependent on the Qt version?
>
> Second time when Qt update broke my KDE environment.

As a non-programmer, I'm guessing that KDE expects that all its
components will be build with the same QT version. The problem is that
the particular components, ka5, kf5, kp5 appear for upgrades at
different times, so if between upgrading let's say kf5 packages and kp5
packages the QT version gets changed, then the problem occurs.
I guess every QT5 upgrade should trigger rebuilding of all ka5, kf5 and
kp5 packages...

--
Krzysiek