KDE - all form test

Jan Palus atler at pld-linux.org
Wed Sep 14 14:25:13 CEST 2022

On 14.09.2022 10:29, Andrzej Zawadzki wrote:
>    On 14.09.2022 01:40, Krzysztof Mrozowicz via pld-devel-en wrote:
>
> Dnia 2022-09-13, o godz. 16:15:06
> Andrzej Zawadzki [1]<zawadaa at gmail.com> napisal/(a):
>

>    Qt 5.15.6 - similar problem. For example kwallet doesn't work with
>    NetworkManager.
>
>    Downgrade help, so looks like after Qt upgrade rebuild off all kde5
>    packages will help.
>
> I sent all ka5 and kp5 packages to rebuild. They should be done over
> the night. Kf5 were done earlier today due to their update.
>

>    Works now.
>
>    But... should KDE be strictly dependent on the Qt version?
>
>    Second time when Qt update broke my KDE environment.

Ideally KDE should not have strict Qt version dependency as I suppose Qt
should not be breaking compatibility between patch releases. That's the
theory though. For example keepassxc was broken after upgrade as well
due to some missing symbol related to qt concurrent. Either Qt broke ABI
compatibility or keepassxc misused Qt API, whichever is more likely. I
didn't bother to investigate deeper. Unless someone investigates what
and why is broken in KDE and rebuilds just affected packages, I suppose
the best way forward is indeed rebuild everything each time Qt is
upgraded.