Compaq R3140us vs R3240us

Adam Gołębiowski adamg at biomerieux.pl
Sun Oct 3 19:48:05 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 01:15:20PM -0400, Anthony Kolasny wrote:
> How do you install a 64bit (em64t/amd64) PLD version? I haven't tried
> that. Are there English instructions somewhere. Using www.poltran.com to
> translate helps for the polish news groups, but I would want to trust this
> for a linux install. ;-)

I guess best approach would be manual installation from LiveCD.
http://docs.pld-linux.org/instalacjarc_intro.html has some instructions
on that topic.

Basically:
- boot LiveCD
- create partitions, set up filesystems and mount them somewhere (say,
  under /chroot)
- substitute i586 in /etc/poldek.conf with amd64
- poldek --upa
- poldek --root /chroot --mkdir

And install packages you want. A good start is to install something
nontrivial, say mc or elinks - it will pull all base requirements.

After that, chroot into newly created system, set up root password and
boot manager.

--
http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer   | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.