Compaq R3140us vs R3240us

havner havner at smtp.kamp.pl
Sun Oct 3 20:40:33 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 07:48:05PM +0200, Adam Gołębiowski wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 01:15:20PM -0400, Anthony Kolasny wrote:
> > How do you install a 64bit (em64t/amd64) PLD version? I haven't tried
> > that. Are there English instructions somewhere. Using www.poltran.com to
> > translate helps for the polish news groups, but I would want to trust this
> > for a linux install. ;-)
>
> I guess best approach would be manual installation from LiveCD.
> http://docs.pld-linux.org/instalacjarc_intro.html has some instructions
> on that topic.
>
> Basically:
> - boot LiveCD
> - create partitions, set up filesystems and mount them somewhere (say,
>   under /chroot)
> - substitute i586 in /etc/poldek.conf with amd64
> - poldek --upa
> - poldek --root /chroot --mkdir
>
> And install packages you want. A good start is to install something
> nontrivial, say mc or elinks - it will pull all base requirements.
>
> After that, chroot into newly created system, set up root password and
> boot manager.

Forget it, Adam, you cannot chroot to 64bit enviroment using 32bit kernel.
Also alls %postin scripts would fail.
Anthony, you can use 64bit pld rescue cd and make steps described above.

--
Regards       Havner                          http://livecd.pld-linux.org
GG: 2846839                             jid,mail: havner(at)pld-linux.org