mirrors, etc

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz misiek at pld.ORG.PL
Tue Feb 27 22:53:10 CET 2001

On/Dnia Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 09:15:54PM +0100, nemesis.tf at gmx.net wrote/napisał(a)
> hey, this distro look VERY good, the packetlist look MUCH
> better then those of SuSE, RH, etc. I LOVE that. Live on
> the bleeding edge ;)
Nice to hear that :)

> So I took a closer look! You rock ;) So, but what I was
> thinking of: isn't there a GERMAN/international mirror
> i can get the ISO from?? From the polish servers I get
> only around 2k. And I COULD get 90! So this suxx a little.
Strange. Our main ftp server (ftp.pld.org.pl) is connected
to POL34 network which has direct connection to TEN155
(link to Frankfurt) so it should work well. Small tests
-- transfers to *.uni-hannover.de from:
ftp.pld.org.pl/				about 75kb/s
ftp.mimuw.edu.pl/pub/linux/PLD/		about 200kb/s

Seems that main server is heavy loaded :-) Check mimuw mirror.

And back to your question: right now there is no known
PLD mirror in Germany :(

> But no german one. At least not the conventional way. Isn't
> there a chance to set up one over here? I'm a student at
> RWTH Aachen, if you like, I'll check, if they want to set
> up a mirror over here, if there isn't one, wich was my
> question, actually =)
That will be really nice :-)

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, AM2-6BONE    [ PLD GNU/Linux IPv6 ]
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/ipv6/   [ enabled ]