your distribution

Luise Kunkle sem-pa at bar-do.net
Mon Sep 2 19:18:45 CEST 2002

Hi,

I apologize for taking your time, but I am contemplating using your
distribution in the future instead of the SuSE distris, which I have
been using up to now. SuSE and all the others -except Debian - have
become too much like the Windows principle for me, after Yast1 was
discontinued.

I have installed your base system - the Windomaker Workgroup
installation did not seem to work - and I am so far very pleasantly
surprised at the clarity of your instructions. While I am not a
beginner I am by no means any kind of expert.

However, I do have a question. Do you have an installation tool
comparable to Yast1 or äquivalent for the administration of the
system, especially at this point for further installation etc.? Or
does from here on everything have to be done manually? The latter
would be very difficult since there does not seem to be any
documentation yet in English or German in the net, and no
documentation on the CD . Or did I just not find it?

Any help you might care to give me would be greatly appreciated.

I think this distri has great potentials - it may fill a gap between
the experts capable to do everything manually and the users that rely
on fully automatic. I wish you well.

CU

Luise

 --