improper use of automake in Tux Typing

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Tue Aug 7 21:00:23 CEST 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 11:44:24AM +0000, Samuel Hart wrote:
> Are you guys planning on using the new rpm-get scheme? That was another big
> reason I switched to Debian (automatic package retrieval/updating). It seems
> like it'll be too hard for some of the *established* (stagnating? ;-) RPM
> based distros like RH, SuSE and Mandrake to start using it anytime soon...
> but some of the newer (younger? ;-) RPM based distros could easily do it.

We have in PLD two similar packages: apt (well known tool from Debian,
now with RPM support) and poldek --- our own great tool :-)
I am using the second, but many other use apt.

> Personally.... I like RPMs from a developers standpoint (because they are
> sooo much easier to make), and DEBs from an end-user standpoint (because I
> can be so lazy with respect to package management ;-)
:-) I think this is the same feeling we all here have :-)

I would like to convince you to change your distro to PLD, but I know
Linux distribution is not a thing you reinstall all the time (I
wouldn't do that) :-)

Greets,
        Jacek