joinpasswd

Michal Moskal malekith at pld.org.pl
Mon Aug 13 13:33:36 CEST 2001

Hello,

Lukasz Dobrek, on Friday, suggested me writing tool for adding new users from
passwd.rpmnew (& Co) files created by setup package upgrade.
It is fairly simple, it looks if given user (string follwed by ':') already
exists, and if not entire line is added. I have commited it to setup
cvs module, file joinpasswd.c.

I wonder if there can by an voices against running such program in %post
of setup*rpm?

I would link it agains uClibc, staticly, so it doesn't require glibc.
It is under 2k then, so there shouldn't be any major size problems.

Any comments?

--
: Michal ``,/\/\,       '' Moskal    | |            : GCS {C,UL}++++$
:          |    |alekith      @    |)|(| . org . pl : {E--, W, w-,M}-