joinpasswd

Michal Kochanowicz michal at michal.waw.pl
Mon Aug 13 13:39:50 CEST 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 01:33:36PM +0200, Michal Moskal wrote:
> Lukasz Dobrek, on Friday, suggested me writing tool for adding new users from
> passwd.rpmnew (& Co) files created by setup package upgrade.
> It is fairly simple, it looks if given user (string follwed by ':') already
> exists, and if not entire line is added. I have commited it to setup
> cvs module, file joinpasswd.c.
I like the idea. And how about same tool for merging group.rpmnew?

> I wonder if there can by an voices against running such program in %post
> of setup*rpm?
Again, I like the idea. But I think it should make a backup of old
passwd and group files. Or maybe creating backup should be implemented
in join* program?

Does this program sort file by *id?
--
--= Michal Kochanowicz==--==--==BOFH==--==--==michal at michal.waw.pl =--