Changelogs

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Mon Aug 13 19:19:55 CEST 2001

[poniedziałek, 13 sierpień 2001], Aredridel napisał(a):

> I just had an idea.  Should the changelogs in .spec files be changelogs of
> the package, and not the spec?  The information would be far more useful to
> the user, and CVS log messages would provide a place to detail spec changes
> in a manner better for the developer.
>
> Any thoughts?

I don't think this is a good idea. Changelogs of the package (if present)
are placed in /usr/share/doc/%{pacgage} so there is no problem seeing
what changed with each version. And .spec files change also between
releases and you do want to see quickly who did it and what changed.

Jan
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?