parbuilder

Michal Moskal malekith at pld.org.pl
Sat Dec 8 14:46:31 CET 2001

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 02:33:36PM +0100, Blues wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Michal Moskal wrote:
> > There are number of client machines. On each cronjob is installed that checks
> > if CPU gots cold (load avarage under .5), and if so, it connects to the server
> > and asks it for a job. (There is also lock to prevent building more then
> > one package at once). After builder script (that is run in chroot) has
>
> Don't forget abaut mashines where CPU>1.
> Load 2 means there the same as 1 at CPU=1

Yes. You're right (gotta parse /proc/cpuinfo before)

> > Why don't we save rpms?
> > ===================================
> >
> > There is no point in saving rpms. Regular builders are used for this
> > purpouse. This envirment should not be used for test builds. It is more,
> > to see how destablizaing, to the rest of packages, was the change in some
> > library or development tool, just to avoid situation when 1/2 of repo doesn't
> > compile.
>
> leave possibility to save rpms.
> Maybe (==me :) )  some would like to keep them...

I could do so, but you won't ever know *which* rpm's will you get from the
server (what do you need *random* rpm's for?). So maybe it would be better
to collect them on server. But this would generate more network treffic.

--
: Michal ``,/\/\,       '' Moskal    | |            : GCS {C,UL}++++$
:          |    |alekith      @    |)|(| . org . pl : {E--, W, w-,M}-