parbuilder

Blues blues at ds6.pg.gda.pl
Sat Dec 8 14:58:17 CET 2001

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Michal Moskal wrote:
> > > There are number of client machines. On each cronjob is installed that checks
> > > if CPU gots cold (load avarage under .5), and if so, it connects to the server
> > > and asks it for a job. (There is also lock to prevent building more then
> > > one package at once). After builder script (that is run in chroot) has
> >
> > Don't forget abaut mashines where CPU>1.
> > Load 2 means there the same as 1 at CPU=1
    ^^^^^^^^^^
I mean at CPU=2 :)

> > leave possibility to save rpms.
> > Maybe (==me :) )  some would like to keep them...
> I could do so, but you won't ever know *which* rpm's will you get from the
> server (what do you need *random* rpm's for?). So maybe it would be better
> to collect them on server. But this would generate more network treffic.

3 things are nedded:
LEAVE_RPMS=Y/N
WHERE_TO_COPY=some_path
some ssh key.
Thats all....

Why to leave them? If I would like to install new devel evolution version
I can look localy - maybe I've got it on my disk/server. This will reduce
my network traffic (sure, stupid, but... :)))
<mode=wish>And maybe the same builder could be used to force build some
aplication.... </mode>