perl-CGI module probllem

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl
Sun Feb 11 18:24:21 CET 2001

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:

> i have just made spec and patch for perl-CGI module.
> this is update of CGI module which is shipped with most perl-distributions.
> the problem is that you cannot install this package without --force option
> because there are conflicts with perl module (for example: CGI.pm belongs to
> perl.rpm but it is replaced by CGI.pm from perl-CGI.rpm).

Seems you have right:
$  rpm -q --whatprovides "perl(CGI)"
perl-5.6.0-14

And IMHO perl(CGI) isn't core part of perl :>
Solution: fix spec for perl package and remove all CGI stuffs.

> my question is: can someone with better rpm knowledge split perl package to
> perl-base and perl-{module_name} for modules that are replaceable by new
> version from cpan?

Yes if it is possible perl can be splited but also if CGI module is
avalaible as separated tar ball it will be good remove CGI from core perl
pack this in perl-CGI package.

kloczek