alpha is dead

Maciej 'Agaran' Pijanka agaran at agaran.6bone.pl
Tue Jul 3 21:13:18 CEST 2001

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Marek Guevara Braun wrote:

> Maciej 'Agaran' Pijanka wrote:
> >
> > not only compaq makes boxes with axp cpu.. and probably somebody buy
> > licence for cpu if compaq wont make it.
>
> The license and Alpha staff went or will go to Intel, so probably
> no one will see "pure" Alpha next generation cpu, but the technology
> will be incorporated in the next gen IA64 architecture from Intel
> and probably sth from the Alpha world will also be incorporated
> in 64-bit AMD cpus.

that depend on that how much money somebody want put to buy axp as is
now..
if nobody want to pay for pure axp core then nobody will have that core
for boxes..

--
Maciej 'Agaran' Pijanka <agaran at agaran.6bone.pl> MAP2-6BONE
i386, Linux 2.2, Pine, Mutt, Slrn, Vi(m), IPv6, Gdb,