Broken TCL (at least for SDR)

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at pld.org.pl
Sun Jun 17 10:53:17 CEST 2001

Hi,

I have tried everything and I cannot make sdr work with threaded Tcl/Tk.
The application hangs when it forks from Tk event handler. It isn't
said anywhere, that this is illegal, so it seems it is a bug in Tcl/Tk.
I have tried Tk compiled with --enable-threads, and newer (8.3.3)
versions of Tcl and Tk (which were to fix some threads problems).
So, if we don't have any application in PLD which _require_ Tcl with
threads (and noone said we have) I'll remove "--enable-threads" from
tcl.

BTW. I think thread support in TCL is a little bit braindamaged
--- a thread is created (+ controlling thread) even if not thread
features are used.

Greets,
        Jacek