libc, Qt-apps crashes and other bugs

Jan Rekorajski baggins-pld at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Sat Mar 31 18:32:36 CEST 2001

[sobota, 31 marzec 2001], Jacek Konieczny napisał(a):

> Hi,
>
> It seems that glibc package (or rpm) is heavily broken.
>
> First:
> # rpm -Uvh glibc-2.2.2-2.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         glibc < 2.1.90 conflicts with db1-1.85-7
>         glibc < 2.2 conflicts with rpm-4.0.2-6

I would blame rpm for this.

> Second:
> After upgrading glibc I found out that all Qt applications segfault on
> startup. I couldn't find the reason. But then I found out, that perl
> gives some warning about locale. I have removed following line from
> /etc/rpm/macros:
> %_install_langs C en pl de

It should be:
%_install_langs C en pl de en_US pl_PL de_DE

rpm sucks here and pl != pl_PL.

> And reinstalled glibc. Everything works good now. It seems some file(s) in
> glibc*.rpm are marked with %lang(something) although they should always be
> installed. I am not sure which file(s) is it, though.

I guess by telling rpm "pl" you didn't install locale definitions in
/usr/lib/locale.

Jan
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?