libc, Qt-apps crashes and other bugs

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at pld.org.pl
Sat Mar 31 12:21:02 CEST 2001

Hi,

It seems that glibc package (or rpm) is heavily broken.

First:
# rpm -Uvh glibc-2.2.2-2.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        glibc < 2.1.90 conflicts with db1-1.85-7
        glibc < 2.2 conflicts with rpm-4.0.2-6

Second:
After upgrading glibc I found out that all Qt applications segfault on
startup. I couldn't find the reason. But then I found out, that perl
gives some warning about locale. I have removed following line from
/etc/rpm/macros:
%_install_langs C en pl de

And reinstalled glibc. Everything works good now. It seems some file(s) in glibc*.rpm
are marked with %lang(something) although they should always be installed. I am not sure
which file(s) is it, though.

Greets,
        Jacek