kernel 2.4.x --- devfs

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at pld.org.pl
Sat Mar 3 17:29:50 CET 2001

Hi,

I have given the new kernel a try. The upgrade was quite easy, but some
things have still to be done.

Someone said, that this kernel will work without devfs. So I booted it
the first time without enabling devfs in /etc/sysconfig/system. It
didn't worked. It seems that something in startup scripts was not able
to find some devices (with filesystems).

After booting with devfs enabled it was much better. Althoug I had to
make some entries in devfsd.conf. IMHO PLD should provide much better
devfsd.conf. Especiall permisions to things like printers should be set
there properly.

Greets,
        Jacek