kernel 2.4.x --- devfs

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz misiek at pld.ORG.PL
Mon Mar 5 18:32:22 CET 2001

On/Dnia Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 05:29:50PM +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote/napisał(a)
> Someone said, that this kernel will work without devfs. So I booted it
> the first time without enabling devfs in /etc/sysconfig/system. It
> didn't worked. It seems that something in startup scripts was not able
> to find some devices (with filesystems).
If devfs automount isn't enabled in kernel you must cause mouting it by
rc-scripts and thus enabling it in sysconfig/system.

> Althoug I had to  make some entries in devfsd.conf. IMHO PLD should provide much better
> devfsd.conf. Especiall permisions to things like printers should be set
> there properly.
I also added few CPU microcode && ALSA examples but we need more!
If someone has nice things in devfsd.conf then please post them here.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, AM2-6BONE    [ PLD GNU/Linux IPv6 ]
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/ipv6/   [ enabled ]