pld kernel 2.2.18-14 boot problems

Sebastian Zagrodzki s.zagrodzki at mimuw.edu.pl
Mon Mar 12 22:05:54 CET 2001

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Philip J. Hollenback wrote:
> I am very impressed the work that has gone into this version of the
> kernel, and I would love the get it booting.  Does anyone have any
> idea what I need to change to fix this?  I confess I am not very
> familiar with the initial ramdisk setup, do I need to change something
> there?
Yes you do. IDE and ext2 support are in modules - so you have to create
a ramdisk, which contains:
- ide-disk.o, ide-mod.o, ide-probe-mod.o
- ext2.o
- small static shell (like ash-static)
- static insmod
- /linuxrc shell script, which should look like this:

-- cut --
#!/ash
insmod /ide-mod.o
insmod /ide-probe-mod.o
insmod /ide-disk.o
insmod /ext.o
-- /cut --

or stg like that... - hope it will work...

Sebastian Zagrodzki			s.zagrodzki at mimuw.edu.pl
UIN 1770835				http://sokrates.mimuw.edu.pl/~zagrodzki

A co mnie obchodzi, co pomyślą inni...