License problems

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl
Wed Apr 24 21:55:18 CEST 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Artur Skura wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 08:59:06PM +0200, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Artur Skura wrote:
> >

> > > Lukas this is a good idea (sorry for broken references, I just subscribed).
> > > What is more I think we need to mark clearly which packages are restricted
> > > in which way.
> > > In PLD-doc/licenses I used the following flags:
> >
> > To compicated. Roll down all this flags to only two: we may distribute
> > package on ftp/CD,
>
> ftp distribution is not commercial, on CD - it is.
> Some licenses permit ftp, don't permit CD.

If someone want prepare diffrent version packages set for ftp and for CD
please make this themeself. Simple we have now close to 4K binary packes
and handle this in two diffrent way only because only *few* have so stupid
license in wrong idea :>

Please maintain this subset in some separated place if you want fill this
possibilities.

> > we may not distribute .. finito.
> and what about "we can distribute but only unmodified" (DJB stuff)?

On ftp is awalaible src.rpm with qmail.

> Anyway, even if ha have these flags - where do we put them?
> Just in the License field?

No please in some separated file in cvs.

kloczek