License problems

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at pld.org.pl
Thu Apr 25 20:14:50 CEST 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 08:59:06PM +0200, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Artur Skura wrote:
>

> > Lukas this is a good idea (sorry for broken references, I just subscribed).
> > What is more I think we need to mark clearly which packages are restricted
> > in which way.
> > In PLD-doc/licenses I used the following flags:
>
> To compicated. Roll down all this flags to only two: we may distribute
> package on ftp/CD, we may not distribute .. finito.
I cannot agree to this. If we use only such distinction many of usefull
packages will be gone from FTP or noone who want to "be legal" will risk
to distribute PLD.

Going further this way we may split packages into only GPL and non-GPL.
And than many packages, with much less retrictive licences will be gone.

BTW. I don't understand why such restrictive license as GPL is supposed
to be the most free one.... I don't say it is bad (I am using it for my
projects), but I wouldn't say it is the most free one.

Greets,
        Jacek