Licenses and translations

Artur Skura arturs at iidea.pl
Fri Apr 26 12:26:23 CEST 2002

I checked all packages with dubious licenses marking them as such.
I also added Polish translations to specs that had none.
But people cheat like hell! They add one line and say they added
a 'translation'. They don't check the license and say it's GPL.
I wonder if there is a way to detect this last one automatically
(erm, what I can think of now is downloading these 3000 src packages,
unpacking and scanning each one for the presence of COPYING
with the content of GPL - any simpler idea?)

Regards
Artur
--
http://www.wolneprogramy.org