[MBT] new ticket for pkg FHS "FHS"

Lukas Dobrek dobrek at itp.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jul 16 11:47:06 CEST 2002

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 11:28:31AM +0200, Tomasz Kloczko wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Artur Frysiak wrote:
> [..]

> > > We try slowly move from using apt to poldek as frontend on rpm for
> > > managing packages simple because apt for rpm development condition is
> > > not good in last time and seems more than half year ago was stop.
> > > This program seems need deep rework and noone want to perform this :>
> > >
> > > So please look at poldek also .. which is not only my favorit frontend for
> > > managing packahges :o) [1]
> > >
> > > Above oesn't metter at all if poldek also will fail by do not perform
> > > checking avalable free size/inodes before install/upgrade packages (this
> > > can be performed even before downloading packages).
> >
> > NO. This not problem with apt but with FHS package !
>
> And can be solved by .. ?
correcting my configuration. I should have done it by
making myself for instance /tmp/mounts and mounting everything there
and providing links from /home/something to /tmp/mounts/something

The problem is  that it is a lot of work know to change it an each
computer :((

Lukasz

> If during istall package can't be written some file or created directory
> by do'n have permission (like in this case) this not only FHS package
> problem. Seems error message displayed by rpm also ins't
> clear/undestandable as it can.
No doubts. :((

Lukasz
--
£ukasz Dobrek
   An optimist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds.