[MBT] new ticket for pkg FHS "FHS"

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl
Tue Jul 16 13:46:15 CEST 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Lukas Dobrek wrote:
[..]
> > > NO. This not problem with apt but with FHS package !
> >
> > And can be solved by .. ?
> correcting my configuration. I should have done it by
> making myself for instance /tmp/mounts and mounting everything there
> and providing links from /home/something to /tmp/mounts/something
>
> The problem is  that it is a lot of work know to change it an each
> computer :((

This also aren't solution. Scenario: /tmp/users mount point and
/home/users symlink to this. During upgrade FHS rpm will fail because cant
change /home/users symlink to directory :>

Seems on case like above we only can minimize some problematic "elemets"
count .. so probably also will be good remove subdirectories from /mnt.

Aprpos mnt .. it will be good have also some src-scripts code for
autodetect fixed media and using some additional configuration parameters
placed in /etc/sysconfig/system on somewhere aroud for generate /etc/fstab
entries. IIRC something similar have MDK but it is written in perl so can
be rewtrited to plain POSIX sh. This auto generate mountpoint and/or
autogeneratate misc map for automonter can be also disabled/enabled by
config parameters. Other solutin is using lik on Solaris vold daemon (IIRC
it have Linux port so also can be used).

And another possible solution (possibly best) will be put in
/etc/rpm/macros:

%_netsharedpath /home/users

can you try this ?
If it will fail with above probably it can be recognized as bug in
%_netsharedpat handling code.
If it will work correctly it also cen be added some scripts code for add
this kind entries in automonter initscript under configure/init target
(which probably can be also runed on amd/automout packages upgrade).

Possible next step for this kind operation can be add some rc-script
infrastructure for perform some automated/deterministic tasks (?).
Autodetermine/autogenerate some maps for automonters or trigging
%_netsharedpath (basing on automonters configuration and/or plain
/etc/fstab entries for nfs/other-net-fses of autogenerate fstab entries
for fixe dmedia can be first. Next probably will come ..

kloczek