Shouldn't glibc-devel r: kernel-headers?

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl
Wed Oct 16 19:49:28 CEST 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, wrobell wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 10:10:58PM +0200, Michal Moskal wrote:

> > > Where? I didn't change anything in 2.4 headers and don't see such
> > > problems (after recompiling glibc on those headers).
> > > But I did see strange type conflicts when I tried to use fresh kernel
> > > headers with glibc compiled on older headers (that was in 2.2.1x era).
> > > Those problems dissapeared after recompiling glibc.

> > > I agree - kernel headers in /usr/include/{asm,linux}, in glibc-devel
> >                                                 ^^^^^
> >
> > If program does include <linux/...> it probably should
> > -I/usr/src/linux.
> -I/usr/src/linux/include :-)
>
> But... which files will be included first when you specify
> -I/usr/src/linux/include?  These in /usr/include or these in -I/usr/src...?

IIRC if some package will require kernel headers during compile with
-D__KERNEL__ it will be kernel module. All not __KERNEL__ depedent code in
this headers probaly in near or slightly far fure will moved to *libc
headers.
Now searation between kernel and libc headres isn't complet so we still
must use headers from kernel and libc (glibc or other libc like uClibc or
dietlibc).

kloczek