perl modules licenses

Bartek Jakubski migo at supernet.com.pl
Fri Aug 29 08:21:20 CEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 12:28:15AM +0200, Andrzej Krzysztofowicz wrote:
> Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:
>> Bartek Jakubski <migo at supernet.com.pl> [27-08-2003 09:22]:
>>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 02:50:29PM +0200, Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Just after sending this message I thought about the same. "Same as Perl
>>> itself".
>>
>> OK for me.
>
> I don't see any advantage for users of indirect licensing info here.
> It is inconvenient.

Yes, but that's what license says.

> If we are aware of changing perl license, maybe implement an rpm macro, like
> %{perl_license} ?

What happens if perl changes license? The modules no longer will be
available under the old licenses? I don't know, the license is unclear.
I don't want to guess what author meant so let's put it exactly as he
said.
It's mostly a matter of cosmetics for me. You decide. :-)

--
-- .- Bartek Jakubski --------------------- Sosnowiec -. --
-- |  Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price  | --