Xorg 6.8.1

Jakub Piotr Cłapa loc at toya.net.pl
Sun Nov 14 19:11:18 CET 2004

Michal Kochanowicz wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 05:29:47PM +0100, Bartosz Taudul wrote:
>
>>They work with today's cards, not only with some old and cheap
>>crap-o-gfx, have support for VBO, vertex and pixel shader, texture
>
> Don't say cheap == crap. If cheap card fits needs, it is very good card.
> And for sure much better, than expensive card that also fits needs.

I would say they fit most needs. R9200 for 250zł works well with 2D but
also Gothic II & Warcraft III so as far as I'm concerned they are not
crap. (I'm curious what about Wampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines)

>>Of course if someone is satisfied with games like tuxracer, then it's
>>nothing strange that he says the open source driver are superb and
>>everything. But tuxracer ran fine on the first voodoo.
>
> I don't play games (well... maybe if HL2/CS2 will be available for
> Linux...) so as long as tvtime and mplayer use HW scaling, I say drivers
> fit my needs :]

Agreed.

I never said they are superb. I just said they work. (definitely better
than nv)

--
z wyrazami szacunku,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa