Xorg 6.8.1

Fryderyk Dziarmagowski freetz at gmx.net
Sun Nov 14 11:51:43 CET 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 03:08:52 +0100
Bartosz Taudul <wolf42 at wp.pl> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 02:37:58AM +0100, Jakub Piotr Cłapa wrote:
> > The open source driver works well with 9200 and probably would work
> > also for newer cards (maybe without so good 3d acceleration).
> Please stop talking shit about how good open source drivers are.

They are very good for daily use. Superb 2D acceleration, possibilty to
run framebuffer without any problem, render extension acceleration.
3D is already better then in firegl driver (checkout latetest Mesa3D
changes, hyperz patches). In xorg tree we got allready GATOS drivers for
all-in-wonder-cards.
If you want to blame someone, please write to ATi, not to this list.

--
Fryderyk Dziarmagowski