List of packages that didn't hit Ac.

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Wed Nov 17 21:58:12 CET 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 09:46:32PM +0100, Marcin Król wrote:
> >Sent to test build (non-integer release). Please give it a little bit
> >more test and report any problems. Also, what about the suid issue
> >reported by Grzegorz?
>
> OK. Mounting/umounting works in smb4k only if: suid bits are set, as
> described in note mentioned before or... when smb4k is manually
> configured to use of super (looks like some sudo replacement for me).
> I've packaged super (not commited though), but its useless. Users must
> be added to configuration file (like in sudo) and it doesn't seem to
> work anyway (still complaining about "only root can mount"). So...
> setting suid bits is not acceptable IMHO

Agreed.
There was a thread on bugtraq about some distro vulnerability caused by
providing smbmnt suid root - it was said it's distro's fault to provide
such suid.

> and super is not working (at
> least on my system). The only way I see, is to use sudo here. Do we want
> such package like smb4k then? It surely needs admins attention after
> installing and will not work for all users until admin will decide
> otherwise.

So it needs. Mounting is privileged operation and should be available
only to "the chosen ones" ;).

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/