SPECS: nx.spec (NEW) - initital version by groz@gryf.info, 0.1 (do...

Grzegorz Grasza grozo at pawlacz.com
Thu Nov 18 22:45:33 CET 2004

Użser Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

>On Thursday 18 of November 2004 20:49, Grzegorz Grasza wrote:
>

>>We still have to remove nxcompext.spec - it is outdated, and the new
>>version won't build without nx-X11 .
>>

>But nxcompext isn't required when building nx-X11, right? If isn't then it
>should be in separate spec with BuildRequires: nx-X11-devel.
>
>The goal is to have things separated instead everything-in-one package.

There's also a goal to make specs easy to update.
The nx-X11 package is a modified XFree86 and other nx components include
it from the build directory, so it doesn't have to be instaled on the
system - there is no point in making a package for it.
I think the best possible solution would be to make sub-packages, if
someone wants the components separated (and possibly delete nxcomp.spec
, nxproxy.spec and nxcompext.spec) - I can do this.

>Could you update both spec files?

I don't have time now... If you think you can make it better, you can try.

--
You can contact me via jabber at groz at gryf.info .