SPECS: nx.spec (NEW) - initital version by groz@gryf.info, 0.1 (do...

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Thu Nov 18 23:16:36 CET 2004

On Thursday 18 of November 2004 22:45, Grzegorz Grasza wrote:

> There's also a goal to make specs easy to update.
> The nx-X11 package is a modified XFree86 and other nx components include
> it from the build directory, so it doesn't have to be instaled on the
> system - there is no point in making a package for it.
Similar thing as with rxvt - rxvt isn't in X11.spec - it's separate. From what
you say it seems that nx-X11-devel would need to contain only header files.

> I think the best possible solution would be to make sub-packages, if
> someone wants the components separated (and possibly delete nxcomp.spec
> , nxproxy.spec and nxcompext.spec) - I can do this.
Let say that there is security bug in nxproxy - if this is separate spec that
depends on nx-X11-devel then we just fix one small package and rebuild it
instead of rebuilding whole nx-X11.

> >Could you update both spec files?
> I don't have time now... If you think you can make it better, you can try.
No, thanks. Just talking about ,,how to make things better (or worse ;)''.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/