ircd.spec

Marcin Król krol at wsb-nlu.edu.pl
Thu Oct 14 16:20:38 CEST 2004

A word if I may...

1.73 Thu Oct 14 9:10:38 2004  by gotar
CVS Tags: HEAD
- reverted bogus rev. 1.71 changes (removing IPv4 server)

OK, ipv6 compiled version doesn't work on IPv4 only kernel (I'm about to
fix it) but... the other changes _were not bogus_ until you are
completly not familiar with ircd.

1. Why you have removed autoconnect patch? Its bugfix.

2. Why you have removed crypt bcond? Without it ircd is compiled with
crypted oper passwords, which means, /oper command _will not work_ on
default configuration (from package)

3. Why you have removed ircd.conf source? Using example.conf as
ircd.conf is _idiotic_. It will run, but nothing else. No one will be
able to connect to ircd. Example conf should _never_ be used as
ircd.conf! AFAIR (I'm to lazy to check) its even written in doc _to not
use_ example.conf that way.

4. Why you have reverted to compile this very old, very buggy and
completly unused irc client? Its _obosolete_ until you love few years
old, unpatched software.

I'll have to make same changes again now, wasting my time...

M.