SPECS: squirrelmail.spec - moved source to %%{_datadir} - excluded...

Michal Chruszcz troll at pld-linux.org
Mon Oct 25 22:33:11 CEST 2004

It seems like on Monday 25 of October 2004 22:04, Paweł Gołaszewski typed:
> > Pick me *one* example of configuration which would fail. I remind you
> > the symlink to config.php still points in config/ directory.
>
> I'm talking about _existing_ configurations. It'll stay in
> /home/services/.... as *.rpmsave. And squirrel could not work at all.

I was focusing on the plugins. Everytime they include config file, they use
a relative path.

> > > Don't send it until GOOD trigger will be made:
> > > - move config.php
> >
> > Till here I agree with you. mv ~http/html/squirrel/ /etc/squirrelmail/
> > should be enough.
>
> ??
> do you want to move _whole_ squirrel to etc ???

Erm, no - typo. I meant moving config.php file to the new location.

> > > - move configuration of _plugins_
> > > - do proper change in plugins subpackage
> >
> > Could you be more precise? Personally, I can't find any plugin whose
> > config would require a trigger, actually none requires any changes.
>
>                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> As you wish:
> - vlogin has configuration in plugin/data/

So what? It'll be exactly the same as it was.

> - plugins from separate specs are still in /home/services....

Vlogin and virtusertable are fixed now.

> well.... pointed sentence is not true...

Thinking your way, we're not able to make *any* changes, because it's
impossible to make trigger for each existing plugin. We have to plugin
specs, which I've already fixed (simply changed a path).

I suppose a solution: ensure the 'main' plugins (from the
squirrelmail*.spec) work fine both on brand new installation and existing
one and put a huge warning explaining the changes and guidelines of
migration. Do you agree?

P.S. Finally moved the discussion to a proper maillist.
--
Michal Chruszcz -=- Seen at http://1lo.sanok.pl/~troll/gallery.php