SPECS: squirrelmail.spec - moved source to %%{_datadir} - excluded...

Paweł Gołaszewski blues at pld-linux.org
Tue Oct 26 00:07:21 CEST 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Michal Chruszcz wrote:
> > > Pick me *one* example of configuration which would fail. I remind
> > > you the symlink to config.php still points in config/ directory.
> > I'm talking about _existing_ configurations. It'll stay in
> > /home/services/.... as *.rpmsave. And squirrel could not work at all.
> I was focusing on the plugins. Everytime they include config file, they
> use a relative path.

You really don't get it...
vlogin:
config(noreplace) %verify(not size mtime md5) %{_plugindir}/data/config.php

after upgrade it'll stay in /home/services/.... as
%{_plugindir}/data/config.php.rpmsave
It'll not automagically appear in /usr/share/..... (or any other it
should). There is trigger needed and without that many site-admins will
have hot-telephone.... :-/

Other plugins could have the same problem.

> > > Till here I agree with you. mv ~http/html/squirrel/
> > > /etc/squirrelmail/ should be enough.
> > ?? do you want to move _whole_ squirrel to etc ???
> Erm, no - typo. I meant moving config.php file to the new location.

no.
copy config.php will not work. You have config.php.rpmsave....

> > > Could you be more precise? Personally, I can't find any plugin whose
> > > config would require a trigger, actually none requires any changes.
> >
> >                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > As you wish:
> > - vlogin has configuration in plugin/data/
> So what? It'll be exactly the same as it was.

???
...it's config...
how you'll give me the same config without any copying/moving??

> > - plugins from separate specs are still in /home/services....
> Vlogin and virtusertable are fixed now.

no, they aren't. No trigger....

> > well.... pointed sentence is not true...
> Thinking your way, we're not able to make *any* changes, because it's
> impossible to make trigger for each existing plugin.

??
no - it's possible to make triggers.
I'm going to make you start _thinking_ ...

> We have to plugin specs, which I've already fixed (simply changed a
> path).

It's not right fix. It spoils existing configurations...

> I suppose a solution: ensure the 'main' plugins (from the
> squirrelmail*.spec) work fine both on brand new installation and
> existing one and put a huge warning explaining the changes and
> guidelines of migration. Do you agree?

no, it's not solution.
I'm pointing you things that'll fail for sure and you dont want to see
that... it's not good... If you'll do your fixes not looking how it'll
wort after upgrade PLD will never be good for admin, because it'll need
too much care ("what troll has developed today?")...

Think about that. No offence.

> P.S. Finally moved the discussion to a proper maillist.

well, IMO there should be only one Reply-To in cvs-scripts...

--
pozdr.  Paweł Gołaszewski