Xorg 6.8.1

Piotr Szymanski djurban at pld-dc.org
Sun Sep 19 19:55:10 CEST 2004

Hi,
havner (Sunday 19 of September 2004 19:40):
> So what do we do about Xorg 6.8.1. I had problems with it when enabled
> composite in xorg.conf even with disabled xcompmgr. (geomtry +0+0 in
> metacity). But when disabled it completely everything works ok.
> (composite in this release is not finished and is marked as
> devel/unstable(?), somebody informed me).
> Nvidia drivers works too. Wolf, how's about you?
> Please try upgrading to 6.8.1 from test and report. Maybe it's really
> is worth considering wheather to put 6.8.1 in ac, since some things are
> fixed comparing to X11 6.7/XF 4.4.
http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~djurban/composite.png
Works for me with renderaccel enabled on nvidia. Completely stable (at least
when using a 100% NETWM compliant window manager like kwin).

Anyway havent recored anything bad apart from nvidia kernel module oopsing
when render acceleration is enabled, but that is nothing new and happened on
xfree86 much earlier. (Im talking about x.org 6.8.0, didnt have time to
change to x.org 6.8.1).
--
Piotr Szymanski
djurban at pld-linux.org