Xorg 6.8.1

havner havner at smtp.kamp.pl
Sun Sep 19 20:24:20 CEST 2004

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 07:55:10PM +0200, Piotr Szymanski wrote:
> Hi,
> havner (Sunday 19 of September 2004 19:40):
> > So what do we do about Xorg 6.8.1. I had problems with it when enabled
> > composite in xorg.conf even with disabled xcompmgr. (geomtry +0+0 in
> > metacity). But when disabled it completely everything works ok.
> > (composite in this release is not finished and is marked as
> > devel/unstable(?), somebody informed me).
> > Nvidia drivers works too. Wolf, how's about you?
> > Please try upgrading to 6.8.1 from test and report. Maybe it's really
> > is worth considering wheather to put 6.8.1 in ac, since some things are
> > fixed comparing to X11 6.7/XF 4.4.
> http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~djurban/composite.png
> Works for me with renderaccel enabled on nvidia. Completely stable (at least
> when using a 100% NETWM compliant window manager like kwin).
>
> Anyway havent recored anything bad apart from nvidia kernel module oopsing
> when render acceleration is enabled, but that is nothing new and happened on
> xfree86 much earlier. (Im talking about x.org 6.8.0, didnt have time to
> change to x.org 6.8.1).

it works for me too (http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~havner/damage.png), but
it crashes after some time when composite is enabled (6.8.1). But that's
not the point, since i've heard that composite in this release is not
meant to be finished/stable or whatever and is completely disabled by
default I don't care about it. I'm asking about 6.8 with composite
disabled. How it works for you. is there any sense to put it in ac
because of other fixes (not new features like composite).

--
Regards       Havner                          http://livecd.pld-linux.org
GG: 2846839                             jid,mail: havner(at)pld-linux.org