Xorg 6.8.1

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Mon Sep 20 10:35:01 CEST 2004

On Monday 20 of September 2004 02:28, havner wrote:

> When we talked on jabber you were not going to branch it so please don't
> lie in public now! I don't like to complain, I complain when fuck up
> your job, so please spare me.
I'm talking about the moment when we were talking.

> And I reverted this commit cause you've done
> it not in the way you should have.
and then demanded to fix your revert.

> Every developer branches packages,
> before doing new version, when it's obvious it cannot appear in AC,
> especialy when talking about such important package. Or at least you
> could have warned me.
But it's not obvious, 6.8.1 works well and it will appear in AC from what I
see (well, depends on the ati problem). If and only if it would not work for
people then branch would be needed - not before.

> > > Not mentioning that in the moment he was
> > > merging src builder was making X11 6.7 src.rpm... Consequences are
> > > obvious.
> >
> > I don't care about that. That's RM problem not mine. If you think
> > otherwise then better think again (or fix the builders to fetch _all
> > sources_ by date not from HEAD).
>
> You'd better think again, cause if you don't care about RM's job and
> state of AC that YOU have a problem, not me. You've showed total
> irresponsibility in your actions.
You are making generic asumptions while I'm talking about very exact case. Are
you expecting that every cvs rw user will ask you politely when you are going
to send xyz.spec to buildsers? There is no such policy in PLD and never will
be.

It's purely RM problem and no one else should care because that would mean
that every cvs user has obligation to ask mr havner before commiting
anything.

If it's really big problem for you then why don't you fix the builder scripts?
Why?  And don't tell me that you don't know how -> learn.

EOT.
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/