Outdated translations [ was: Re: SPECS: fcron.spec - added more

Radoslaw Zielinski radek at karnet.pl
Mon Sep 20 12:05:33 CEST 2004

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz <ankry at green.mif.pg.gda.pl> [20-09-2004 11:51]:
> Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:
>> Tomasz Pala <gotar at polanet.pl> [20-09-2004 11:21]:
>>> One more approach: hierarchy /usr/share/man-old. Everyone could choose
>>> himself by (un)commenting out MANPATH in man.config.
[...]
>> Putting this hierarchy to FHS doesn't look like The Right Way for me,
>> and we can't put it into man.spec (isn't required -> directories not
>> owned by any package).  Ideas?
> AFAIR, possibile using the pages by pinfo is the only reason it is not put
> into man.spec...
> Without browser pages are useless.

I remember a discussion about /usr/share/man ownership; one of the
arguments (gotar's?  I remember something about using vim as a man page
browser, and it just had to be him... ;-> ) was that there can be other
browsers, for example xman.

--
Radosław Zieliński <radek at karnet.pl>
[ GPG key: http://radek.karnet.pl/ ]