SOURCES: X11-glibc-charset.patch (NEW) - patch to use nl_langinfo,

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz ankry at green.mif.pg.gda.pl
Sun Sep 26 11:15:11 CEST 2004

saq wrote:
> ---- Log message:
> - patch to use nl_langinfo, instead of an internal list, to obtain the
>   charset being used (as bcond_with glibc_charset)
[...]

Some doubts:

> ++/* To be translated: ISO-8859-.* => ISO8859-.* */
> ++static char *
> ++canonCharmap(char *alias)
> ++{
> ++	static char canonIso[] = "ISO8859-xx";

What about *.ISO-8859-16 locales, which seem to be unsupported by X at the
moment? Do we need to prepare iso-16 fonts to support them?

> ++/* Substitute aa_BB[.CC][@dd] with aa_BB.`locale charmap`[@dd] */

Some default glibc locale charmaps are unsupported by X, eg. tg_TJ.KOI8-T.
Also zh_CN.GB18030 (but this is not the default one). What do you suggest?

Some other locale to work need X locale definition fixes. I tried to do some
sync for X locale, basing on the glibc one. The files ara available at
http://fly.mif.pg.gda.pl/X/
I do not support patches as they would be bigger and more difficult to
maintain (~70% of files is modified).

I assume you do notice the difference in handling some UTF locales by X
locale, eg. for pl_PL.UTF-8 and ko_KR.UTF-8 ...

  Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz               ankry at mif.pg.gda.pl
  phone (48)(58) 347 14 61
Faculty of Applied Phys. & Math.,   Gdansk University of Technology