Vim

Adam Gołębiowski adamg at biomerieux.pl
Wed Apr 27 18:26:42 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 05:49:35PM +0200, Jan Rekorajski wrote:
> > > Any objections on reversing Vim's bconds for perl/python/ruby/tcl
> > > interpreters? If not, than in the name of 'we are feature rich' I am
> > > going to enable these by default.
> > >
> > > At least I am going to enable perl interp, since it adds only perl-base
> > > R: to few vim packages, and perl-base is already required by vim-rt.
> > Enable these IMO. There is vim-static for those people who don't want
> > additional deps.
>
> You don't know what you're talking about. vim-static is /bin/vi and the
> first thing I do is alias vi=vim because vim-static is just too feature
> poor. I can live with perl but python/ruby/tcl/etc is just an overkill.

Perl interp is the one I personally care about, as I have some scripts
that depend on it. But why should we promote one interp? We have
democracy, equality of rights and all that stuff.

> If you really want a huge monster with all bells and whistles just do a
> vim-this-package-requires-a-lot subpackage :/

or rather something in between vim-static and vim-ncurses, like
vim-minimal.

Feel free to add such package, yet I think it is unnecessary.

--
http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer   | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.