SPECS: php-pear-HTML_AJAX.spec - BR: sed 4.0, use __sed macro

Tomasz Wittner twittner at o2.pl
Fri Aug 19 18:10:45 CEST 2005

On Fri 19. of August 2005 13:28, Paweł Sakowski wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 23:06 +0200, Tomasz Wittner wrote:
> > By what reasons We use %{__make}? - it is just /usr/bin/make .
>
> Until redefined as "/usr/bin/make -j2" for faster SMP builds.

Thank you for make me aware of it. BTW `-jn' (when n > 1 of course) speed up
builds on multiprocessor computers only? Quoting from:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html
"
On a typical single-CPU machine you would run:

# make -j4 buildworld

make(1) will then have up to 4 processes running at any one time. Empirical
evidence posted to the mailing lists shows this generally gives the best
performance benefit.
"
Additionally I use ccache - I think I could take advantage of `make -jn' for
some repeatitive builds.

--
Tomasz Wittner