An Invitation

Aredridel aredridel at nbtsc.org
Sat Aug 20 21:52:33 CEST 2005

A friend and developer of Archlinux and I have been working on putting
together a site to discuss and work out distribution development issues
with people from all different distributions and perspectives.

Anyone working on PLD is welcome to join -- we need some thoughtful
posts to get the ball rolling, and since PLD was one of the inspirations
for Arch, it might even be a bit of fun.

The topics are not restricted -- thoughts about packaging certain kinds
of things, issues in dealing with certain common packages, thoughtful
ideas about different ways distributions and communities can be
structured, ideas to share the good ideas across distros, all are
welcome.

The site is lightly moderated to help keep trolling down -- it's not to
be a forum to help users choose a distro. It's for developers to talk to
each other. Any reasonable content will make it onto the main page with
no trouble.

Anyway, please join and share your thoughts. Correct misunderstandngs in
what's there, and add your own. With luck, it can become a good resource
and improve everyone's processes.

Give it a look -- http://distrodev.org/

Aredridel