ANN: Closing AC

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Wed Dec 14 12:19:46 CET 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 09:10:33PM +0100, Cz at rny wrote:

> > I had already written that it can be nice feature on desktops. But when
> > your system becomes operational? Means working services - that's what
> > customers may be interested with.
>
> Are You sure You've read previous posts?

Are you sure you've read mine? Don't you understand what means RUNNING
service, SERVING requests? It's not the same as 'I can login and write
blablabla in shell'.

Parallel running via backgrounding jobs gives better usage of resources
when you've got different resource-consuming services. And only then. A
ratio depends on what you're running and 'proven 2 times faster' can be
ability to LOGIN to machine, not becoming fully OPERATIONAL.
All customers don't give a shit if you can login or not.

> Give me a break dude - It works, it'll work better and faster,

But sometimes something get killed or won't start at all. Yeah!

> it is more configurable, we

It IS?

> just need to work on it and switch old init scripts to new ones - is that
> what You're reffering to?

So what are you waiting for? Don't waste time talking with me, just do
it, show me. For now all what you're doing is 'yeah, yeah, it is cool,
fast, better, and you are wrong having doubts'.

> You won't be moving to th after dec.20, when AC will be frozen - that's
> obvoius, so I don't understand, what are You complaining bout? It's pretty

Nothing. I'm just against gentooism like `it's two times faster'.

> much obvious, that th will be unstable and not all functionality will be
> done just after freezing AC, but that isn't the point here - or is it? The
> point is to use the oportunity of new line to implement some new, better

If it is better, answer one of my question: how would you start bind in
relation with quagga?

> officialy a part of PLD? Is it used by default? So what are You
> complaining bout? That beta software doesn't work 100% correct? There are

How can it work, when NOONE can tell me it's rules. How to start bind?

> even no nativ initng scripts in PLD yet and You jump to conclusion, that
> they are bad.

If something works 'free style', and my services can randomly become
unavailable, it IS bad.

> Have You even bothered to look up what initng is, or to read
> throughly theese posts?

You didn't bother to read mine. Or you don't understand them. If you
want parallel services running just add '&' in proper place (as you read
my mails you know exactly where).

All I want to know is: how dependencies work (will my services be killed
by logrotate service reload after fatal error in quagga?).

--
Tom Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>           http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/
                                         http://tccs.sourceforge.net/