group php?

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Fri Jan 14 22:11:37 CET 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 08:04:01PM +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> hi
>
> i see that php-common and php4-common have gid=http for /var/run/php
> but that group is provided only by apache's
>
> and the php-common packages do not have dependancy on apache.
> so, in my opinion that group should be provided by php-common, and gid=php so
> then there's possibility to have other webserves besides apache too.

Note that (IIRC) /var/run/php is uses by default only by apache SAPIs
(apache1 or apache2 module); cgi and cli SAPIs use /tmp by default.
So this directory could belong to base (i.e. apache module) package.

And there can be different session directory for other uses.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/