group php?

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Fri Jan 14 22:31:07 CET 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 23:11, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 08:04:01PM +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > i see that php-common and php4-common have gid=http for /var/run/php
> > but that group is provided only by apache's
> >
> > and the php-common packages do not have dependancy on apache.
> > so, in my opinion that group should be provided by php-common, and
> > gid=php so then there's possibility to have other webserves besides
> > apache too.
>
> Note that (IIRC) /var/run/php is used by default only by apache SAPIs
> (apache1 or apache2 module); cgi and cli SAPIs use /tmp by default.
> So this directory could belong to base (i.e. apache module) package.
could can be taken as could not :)

as all SAPI's require php-common (correct me!), then php-common is very right
place to have it. altho gid=php is questionable.

one uses of gid=php was to use it in php-fcgi package, altho that package
could have own dir in /var/run, which is probably better idea.

> And there can be different session directory for other uses.
is the only use (now) php-session state dir?

--
glen