SOURCES: postgresql.init, postgresql.sysconfig - what about NOT us...

Roman Barczyński romke at estrefa.pl
Sat Jul 23 20:13:21 CEST 2005

Dnia 2005-07-23 19:39, wrobell napisał:
>>Author: romke                        Date: Sat Jul 23 13:30:49 2005 GMT
>>Module: SOURCES                       Tag: HEAD
>>---- Log message:
>>- what about NOT using UNICODE as initdb encoding? (hardcoded -E UNICODE)
>>  changes supporting sysconfig PG_INITDB_ENCODING to alter initdb encoding.
>
> to romke: please remove this option. you are duplicating initdb script.
> init option for postgresql.init script was introduced for simple scenarios.
> if you need other encoding, then just use initdb script.

then, why -E UNICODE is default? AFAIK initdb CAN guess default
encoding from locale being used...

reverted, eventually I'm using initdb rarely enough to each
time remove -E UNICODE from initscript

regards
--
Roman Barczyński <romke(at)estrefa.pl>
"Za każdy dobry uczynek czeka człowieka kara." - Jeffery Deaver