Eclipse and Java in PLD

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Sun Mar 6 16:39:11 CET 2005

On Sunday 06 March 2005 00:32, Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> How do I build Eclipse for PLD? I need one running on my machine.
>
> According to spec file, Eclipse requires jakarta-ant to build.
>
> jakarta-ant - in turn - requires jakarta-regexp
>
> while jakarta-regexp requires jakarta-ant
>
> As none of these are currently distributed I ran into a dependency loop.
> How do I build Eclipse then?
>
> Anyway: jakarta requires some java-sun specific functionality while some
> of the jakarta plugins mark gcc-java as needed which leads to a conflict
> between gcc-java-tools and java-sun-jre-tools both being required.

if you have success on it, make document in www.pld-linux.org wiki, since i
ran into similiar loop, and besides it turned out that java-sun 1.5 was too
big (incomplete), so i needed to start all over with java-sun 1.4. but now
seems the provides that i was lacking is there:

$Log: java-sun.spec,v $
Revision 1.89  2005/02/24 18:10:28  qboosh
- j2se 1.5 contains jaxp 1.3

btw, what's the difference with java-sun.spec and java-sun-jre.spec?

--
glen